Even though Spanish is not a subject commonly taught in the elementary schools, it is a language used frequently in most elementary classrooms across the state of California. The study of Spanish, therefore, is considered appropriate content for an emphasis area.
The student will select the following courses. Substitutions may be in order if the student is already fluent in the Spanish language. The Liberal Studies adviser will consult with an appropriate faculty member in the Modern Languages Department to determine whether substitutions are in order.
Spanish Emphasis Students Will:
- Choose 4 courses - 16 units required - 8 upper division.
- Check for pre-requisities before enrolling.
*Students are encouraged to align emphasis toward a minor in Spanish or Bilingual Auhorization. Get more information on BA at the School of Education web site.
- SPAN 202 Intermediate Spanish II (4)
- SPAN 203 Intermediate Spanish III (4)
- or SPAN 206 Spanish of Heritage Speakers (4)
- SPAN 233 Introduction to Spanish Readings (C1) (4)
Select from the following (8):
- SPAN 301
- SPAN 302
- SPAN 303
- SPAN 305 (C4) (repeatable to 8 units)
- SPAN 307 (C4)
- SPAN 340 (C4) (USCP)
- SPAN 350 (C4)
- SPAN 351 (C4) (USCP)
- SPAN 390
- SPAN 402
- SPAN 410
- SPAN 416
- SPAN 470
- HUM 310 (Spain, Mexico or Latin America) (C4)
- HUM 312 (C4) (USCP)
- MLL 470